for the Preservation of the Memorials of the Dead, Ireland
Clare County Library
Library Catalogue | Foto:
Clare Photo Collection | Search
this Website | Copyright
1901, Vol. V (1), part 1
1. “Pray for the soul | of LOTT QUEELY, who died at Towmullen | the 16th of January, 1779 | Aged 84 years. and for his | wife MARY DAUOREN | who died the 11th of Ma | rch 1784 aged 78 years” (in south-west corner of church).
2. “HONORA HAVERTY died Dec 21st 1794 by Brian Kilmartin” (outside church at same corner).
3. “FANNY QUEELY alias BURKE died 20 Ap 1799 aged 53” (in the church at the south-west corner).
4. “In memory of | PATRICK THYNNE of Knockaskibbeen | who departed Decr 1824 aged 76 | this monument has been erected by | his son LAUCE THYNNE for his | use solely and posterity | may his & all souls rest in peace.” A neat inserted slab, with honeysuckle ornaments and lion, is built into the south side of same tomb, which is inside the church at the north-east corner.
5. “Monument of LIEUT COL : MACNAMARA for the Doolin family and to the memory of his father MAJOR WILLIAM MACNAMARA who represented this county for twenty-three years and died in November 1858.”
Crest—An arm and hand holding dagger.
|<< Back to Association
for the Preservation of the Memorials of the Dead, Ireland: Journals 1888-1916