|Clare County Library||
Home | Search Library Catalogue | Foto: Clare Photo Collection | Search this Website | Copyright Notice
|The History and Topography of the County of Clare by James Frost|
Chapter 19. Footnotes
1. Elizabeth Cuffe, widow, was the mother of seven sons and two daughters, of whom four sons are mentioned, viz., William, Maurice, Thomas, and Joseph; the last of these was grandfather of John Cuffe, created Baron Desert in 1733. Lodge’s Peerage.
3. The correct name of the Earl’s steward is Keating. His tomb is in the cemetery at Bunratty.
4. These were nephews of Donogh, fourth Earl of Thomond; they had lately come over from France.
7. From the Depositions of the Rev. And. Chaplin. Clare Depositions. 1642. T.C.D.
8. Depositions of Alex. Hill, Mrs. Bridgeman, and Urias Reade.