|Clare County Library||
Home | Search Library Catalogue | Foto: Clare Photo Collection | Search this Website | Copyright Notice
|The History and Topography of the County of Clare by James Frost|
Chapter 1. Footnotes
1. A.D. 1120. Boundaries of the diocese of Limerick situate in the county of Thomond: from Cuinic to Cross (Glannagross) in Sliabhoighigh-an-righ and Dubh Abhain (the Blackwater).—Keating. History of Ireland, page 101. Dublin, 1723.
2. Liskologe, now Fortfergus.
3. Crappoge, now Knappoge.
4. Now Lack.
5. Now Caoilte.
6. Tuaith Glae was conterminous with the present parish of Killilagh.
7. The Clancys were hereditary brehons of Thomond, and as such their lands were exempt from all tribute. They resided at Knockfin and at Cahermaclancy in this district.
8. Cairgi.—A family now called Carrigg.
9. According to the Book of Rights, Dublin, 1847, the contribution of Burren to Brian Boroimhe’s tribute was enormous. It consisted mainly of oxen and swine.
10. This family cannot be identified.