|Clare County Library||
Home | Search Library Catalogue | Foto: Clare Photo Collection | Search this Website | Copyright Notice
|Ordnance Survey Letters by John O'Donovan and Eugene Curry, 1839|
1. No! the Fiodhail of the Wars of Torlogh is in the Parish of Kilkeedy. See ancient Map of Thomond.
2. Mogh Greine, a fort over Loch Greine where the fairy chieftans held their council.
3. Craglea, a remarkable rock in the Parish of Killaloe, where the Banshee Aoibheal is believed to reside. See Parish of Killaloe in which Creaglea is situated.
4. Bawnboy, now Fairhill in the centre of the Parish of Feakle.
5. Mochonna Shrine, i.e., the Old Church of Feakle, now destroyed, but one gable of it was up in 1780 when Merryman wrote this poem.