Clare County Library
Clare History
Home | Search Library Catalogue | Foto: Clare Photo Collection | Search this Website | Copyright Notice

Ordnance Survey Letters by John O'Donovan and Eugene Curry, 1839

Parish of Killimer

  1. Situation and Name; Old Church; Leac Iomaighe (the Flag of St. Emma) east of the Church; Tobar Iomaighe, well at which Stations are performed northeast of the Leac; Dun-na gCorrog Townland and Castle which now forms a part of the residence of George Hodges, Esq.; Mentioned in the Irish Deed of Mortgage between Torlogh Roe Mac Mahon and John Mac Gillinan as forming a part of the boundary of Moylough; (See copy of the original Deed; and translation;). And in list of castles of Thomond in the College MS. as the residence of Tege Mac Muriertagh Cam (probably Mac Mahon).

Other references to Killimer Parish in the Ordnance Survey Letters


Chapter 28


Chapter 30