Clare County Library
Clare History
Home | Search Library Catalogue | Foto: Clare Photo Collection | Search this Website | Copyright Notice

Ordnance Survey Letters by John O'Donovan and Eugene Curry, 1839

Parish of Killuran

  1. Situation; Name; Old Church (remains of) and burial ground; Elmhill, burial place for children; Moinogionach old castle mentioned in list of castles in MS. Trin. Col. Dub. as belonging to Sioda Mac Rory now nearly destroyed; Tirowanyn old castle, set down in College list as belonging to Donnell Reogh; Killuran and Bally-Mac-Donnell, from which Mac Namara (as stated in No. 15 of Hardiman’s Irish Deeds, which contains Mac Namara’s revenue) had a tribute of victuals (coiny) once a year; Uachtar-Ruis, also mentioned in the Deed.

Chapter 54


Chapter 56