Clare County Library
Clare History
Home | Search Library Catalogue | Foto: Clare Photo Collection | Search this Website | Copyright Notice

Ordnance Survey Letters by John O'Donovan and Eugene Curry, 1839


Parish of Kilmacreehy. Footnotes.

1. He is no other than Bishop Flannán, the Patron of the Diocese of Killaloe - J.O’D. Nov. 28th 1840.

2. Creach-Oilean (recte Creachalan). This was not an Island but the bar in the mouth of the Bay of Liscannor a few perches in front of O’Brien’s Bridge, where the people crossed the ferry before the Bridge was built. The place is very loosely described here. - B. O’Looney.

 

Main

Chapter 18