|Clare County Library||
Home | Search Library Catalogue | Foto: Clare Photo Collection | Search this Website | Copyright Notice
|Ordnance Survey Letters by John O'Donovan and Eugene Curry, 1839|
1. Cluain Idir Dá Lá, now Clonderalaw in the Parish of Kilmurry.
2. Kil-Tilang, now unknown, as far as I have been able to ascertain. It is mentioned in an Inquisition as situated in the Barony of Clonderala.
3. This name is now anglicised Shannon and sometimes Giltinnán.
4. Now Ballymacrinaun in the Parish of Killimer.
5. Now Kill-Carroll in the Parish of Kilrush.
6. Now the Townland of Doomagurroge in the Parish of Killimer.
7. It is also split on the west side from within a few feet of the bottom to the top window.
8. On the subject of quarries in Ireland, the argument of Gratianus Lucius must fall to the ground, as I shall shew in treating of the buildings on Inis Cealtra.