Clare County Library
Clare Places and Placenames
Home | Search Library Catalogue | Foto | Maps | Archaeology | Folklore | Genealogy | History | Search this Website | Copyright Notice

Parliamentary Gazetteer of Ireland 1845

 
Drumline

A parish in the barony of Lower Bunratty, 3 miles west by south of Six-mile-Bridge, and nearly the same distance south-east of Newmarket, Co. Clare, Munster. Length, 2 miles; breadth, ; area, 2,955 acres. Pop., in 1831, 1,182; in 1841, 1,327. Houses 187. The land is for the most part good; and the surface extends southward to a brief contact with the Shannon. The seats are Drumline, Smithstown, Ballycastlemore, Clonmaney, Firgrove, and Ballycuneen. This parish is a rectory, and a vicarage, in the dio. of Killaloe. The rectory is part of the sinecure benefice of TRADDERY. Rectorial tithe composition, 55 7s. 8d. The vicarage is part of the benefice of KILNASCOOLAGH. Vicarial tithe composition, 38 0s. 11d. In 1834, the Protestants amounted to 5, and the Roman Catholics to 1,264; and there was neither church, chapel, nor school.

The Parliamentary Gazetteer of Ireland, 1845
Courtesy of Clare Local Studies Project

<< Drumline


Drumcliffe

Home


Dunbeg