Scattery Island: The Street
Clare County Library
 Home | Search Library Catalogue | Foto: Clare Photo Collection | Search this Website | Copyright Notice

The main settlement on Scattery Island, called 'The Street' is situated on the east coast, near the pier and Teampall na Marbh with more houses to the south of the graveyard. Most of the houses were built between 1841 and 1861, when the island was settled by the families of the Kilbaha river pilots. The houses are abandoned to-day.

House on Scattery
House on Scattery

Houses on Scattery
Fr. Browne Collection, 1939

<< Back to Scattery Island: Buildings