EASI – Ennis Access to Spaces Initiative makes use
of empty commercial property in the Town Centre to offer temporary low-cost
space for community, cultural and tourism providers. The initiative is
an opportunity try out new retail or exhibition space that offers economic
and social benefits to the area.
The main aims of the initiative are to:
• Reduce the visual impact of empty property
in the Town Centre.
• Increase footfall and attract new visitors to the Town Centre
by providing a range of exciting businesses, activities and exhibitions.
• Generate publicity for Ennis and County Clare.
• Offer reduced cost space for community organisations, artists
/ arts groups and tourist attractions to try out new ideas and/or reach
• Showcase empty properties to potential tenants to help them
EASI is hoping to support unique exhibitions, events and retail experiences
across different premises. The activity must not contravene planning
or licensing regulations or conflict with Council objectives. The initiative
will seek to complement the existing and well established local businesses
Spaces can be used for
• Retail of arts and crafts
• Studio Spaces
• Information Signs in Shop Windows
• Any other activity that is deemed complimentary to the EASI
Landlord Application Guidelines
Tenant Application Guidelines