Poetry and Song
Presented by The Poetry Collective
The Old Courthouse, Tulla - Friday 3rd November, 8.30pm
The Poetry Collective presents the first of a series of
poetry readings in rural venues in Co. Clare this Friday 3rd November in The
Old Courthouse, Tulla. Admission is £3.50 (Concessions available). Performance begins at
Four Clare-based poets, will read a selection of their
work and music will be provided by a young singer-songwriter.
- Patricia-Anne Moore, originally from Belfast, has been a member of the
Killaloe Writers Group since 1992. She has had work published in a number of
magazines and in The Creel.
- Ruth Marshall came to East Clare from Scotland in 1986. Editor of Network
Ireland holistic magazine. Her poetry has been published in magazines and anthologies in
Ireland and UK.
- Arthur Watson is an artist living in Tulla for 20 years. Arthurs
poetry has been published in a number of papers, pamphlets and magazines.
- Brian Mooney lives near Tulla. He has published three booklets of poems.
- Tembre brings a wealth of fresh original songs inspired by her life in
Ireland and travels in Australia and America. Her voice and guitar will enchant you.
The aims of The Poetry Collective are:
- To raise the profile of poetry in Co Clare.
- To raise the profile of local poets and their work. (by local we mean
living in Clare)
- To encourage closet poets to find their voice in performance.
- To encourage the writing, publication and reading of poetry in Co Clare.
- To encourage local festivals to include local poets in their programmes.
For more information about the event, or The Poetry
Collective, contact Ruth Marshall at 061-921642, or Arthur Watson at 065-6835566.
Back to Events Calendar 2000