Internet Access Policy
- Clare County Library provides public access to the Internet in keeping with its role as
a source of information, intellectual development and enrichment for the community.
- Clare County Library has no control over the information accessed and cannot be held
responsible for the content or quality of the information retrieved.
- Transmission of any material in violation of any laws is prohibited. This
includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, threatening or obscene material, or
pornographic material. Use for any commercial purpose is prohibited also.
- Attempts to violate Internet security will result in loss of Internet privileges.
- As is the case with all other library materials, any restriction of a child's access to
the Internet is the responsibility of the child's parent or legal guardian.
- You are strongly advised not to use these machines to purchase merchandise on the web.
Do not use your credit card to buy things on these PCs!
- While you are welcome to use this service to send and receive emails via our
"Emails Service", the opening of attachments to emails is prohibited due to
dangers posed by viruses.
- Due to our limited resources, we reserve the right to restrict Internet access to
research and information sources only.
- The use of these computers for recreational games or chatlines is not allowed.
- Downloading of software is not permitted.