Association for the Preservation of the Memorials of the Dead, Ireland
Journals 1888-1916

Clare County Library
 Home | Search Library Catalogue | Foto: Clare Photo Collection | Search this Website | Copyright Notice

Carran Parish

1896, Vol. III (2)

Parish of Noughaval and Carrane.
List of Incumbents (from First Fruits’ Records).
By certificate of Edward Lord Bishop of Tuam, and Bishop of Fenebore, dated the 25th day of May, 1724, from the third day of July, 1723, dignitas precentoriat, eccliae. Cathlis, sancti Fecknan. Feneboren, necnon vicariae eccliarum parlium. de Noughvaile, Carne, Kiltoraght, Clonney, Kilmainheen, et Killaspuglenane in comitatu Clare et dioces nra Feneboren. Per mortem naturalem ROBERT COUPERTHWAITE clici ultimi ibm incumbentis jam vacan.
GEORGE FOWLER, collated 29th May, 1772, chanter Kilfenora V. Carrune, V. Kiltoraght, V. Clonney, V. Killonoghan, V. Killaspughenane, R. Noughvaill, V. Noughvaill, Clare Co.
JAMES KENNY, instituted 28th June, 1785, R. Killeilagh, R. Kilmoon, R. Carrune.
MICHAEL DAVOREN, collated 3rd Sept., 1790, chantership of Kilfenora, R. V. Noughawall, R. V. Carrune.
ROBERT GABBETT, collated 9th May, 1810, with the rect. and vic. of Naughaval, and the vic. of Carrune as the corps thereof, in the dioc. of Kilfenora and Co. Clare, vice MICHAEL DAVOREN, who held from 3rd Nov., 1790, and vacated by death.
SIMON HOLLAND was collated 1 Sept., 1817, to the chantership of Kilfenora, consisting of the RE. and V. of Noughaval and V. Carrune, as the corps thereof in the dioc. of Kilfenora and Co. Clare, vice ROBERT GABBETT, A.B. who held same from 9 May, 1810, and vacated.

1897, Vol. III (3)

From T. J. Westropp, Esq.

“Here lieth the body of Captain CORNELIUS O’BRIEN who departed this life An Dni 1753 who was grandson of Genl. MORTHOGH O’BRIEN that was brother to MOROUGH 1ST EARL OF INCHIQUIN. This monument was erected by MORTHOUGH O’BRIEN in memory of his wife BRIDGET O’BRIEN alias MACNAMARA who departed this life July 24, 1800 aged 66.”

<< Back to Association for the Preservation of the Memorials of the Dead, Ireland: Journals 1888-1916