for the Preservation of the Memorials of the Dead, Ireland
Clare County Library
Library Catalogue | Foto:
Clare Photo Collection | Search
this Website | Copyright
1892, Vol. II (1)
This church is said to have been rebuilt by the Macdonnel family early in the last century; it is in thorough repair, and has divine service in it regularly, with a large congregation in the summer time.
Kildimo (or Kildeemo).
1916, Vol. IX (6)
Inside the Protestant Church:—
Sacred to the Memory of Sir Francis Nathaniel Burton, G.C.H., of Carrigaholt, who died at Bath on the 27th day of January 1832, and was buried in the Parish Church of St Andrew, Clifton, in the County of Gloucester. Also of his son Valentine. Alicia his widow, who died on the 4 day of February 1844, and whose mortal remains are deposited in the same vault with those of her beloved Husband.
This inscription is surmounted by a coat-of-arms and crest, viz.:—
Crest:—A dexter gauntleted hand.
Arms:—“A cross engrailed between 4 roses.” Other arms are quarter with this coat.
The Hon. Sir Francis N. Burton, G.C.H., was the second son of Francis Pierpont Burton, 2nd Baron Conyngham, nephew of Henry Conyngham, 1st Baron Conyngham who, dying in 1781, without male heirs, the barony thus descended to his Burton nephew.
Sir Francis’s wife was the Hon. Valentina Alicia Lawless, daughter of Nicholas, 1st Baron Cloncurry, by whom he had three sons.
|<< Back to Association
for the Preservation of the Memorials of the Dead, Ireland: Journals 1888-1916