|Clare County Library||
Home | Search Library Catalogue | Foto: Clare Photo Collection | Search this Website | Copyright Notice
Tulla Boys National School Roll Books
Transcribed by Jane Halloran Ryan of the Tulla
Reaching Out Heritage Group
Tulla Infant Register Boys School 1873-1895
Boys National School
HISTORY OF TULLA BOYS NATIONAL SCHOOL
Tulla Boys National School was built on the site of
the previous local boys and girls schools which existed before 1880.
Originally, there was
a separate boys school and girls school in use near the Fair Green. However,
with the arrival of the Sisters of Mercy in 1880, it was decided that
a new boys school would be built. This school would educate the boys
while the Convent of Mercy would educate the girls. The boys school roll
number was originally 1842, but after 1885, this was updated to 12784.